Mandarins are known for their sweet flavour and distinctive fragrance. They can be added to everything from fruit salads to stir fries and jams, and are a popular addition to the classic Australian pavlova. With an easy-peel skin and bite-sized segments, they are the perfect on-the-go snack.
- High levels of antioxidants
- Mandarins are carefully harvested ripe off the tree
- Mandarins produce synephrine, which helps curb cholesterol production
- Low in kilojoules, with very low levels of fat and cholesterol
- Mandarin trees take 4 years to mature and grow larger sized fruit
Mandarins are generally harvested in late autumn and winter.