A tangelo is a cross between the grapefruit and the mandarin. The resulting citrus fruit is very juicy, easy to peel and quite sweet, with an underlying acidity. Usually about the size of an orange, with a thinner neck at the top, the tangelo has deep orange coloured skin that is quite thin.
- High levels of antioxidants
- Tangelos are a cross between the grapefruit and the mandarin
- Tangelos are juicy and sweet, have few pips and are easy to peel
- Low in kilojoules, with very low levels of fat and cholesterol
- Tangelo blossoms are beautifully perfumed
- Tangelos grow well in a sheltered position that gets plenty of sunlight
Available between January and March, and again between May and October.